1. We commit to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and, in particular:
- to protect the privacy of all personal information which we obtain from you or you provide when using our website
- to use your personal information in accordance with this policy and the Data Protection Act
- to employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information, including storage on secure computers and the use of encryption tools for messaging environments where appropriate
- to use reasonable endeavors to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised misuse or alteration
- to amend your personal information or to cease processing it for direct marketing purposes upon your request
2. Your personal information, how we obtain it:
When you visit our site or apply for information regarding our services or the services of those partners we describe in our ‘Terms & Conditions of Use of this Site’ and to whom we introduce you, we may ask you for:
- Your name and address
- Your email address and telephone number
- Personal and financial information such as credit card details, bank account details, telephone call costs, account references and call patterns, etc.
- Credit / Debit Card Details of Our Customers: Notwithstanding anything mentioned in this policy, currently we do not take or store any information relating to credit or debit cards, bank accounts or other financial information in our website or database.
- From time to time, we may also ask you for, or enable you to provide, further information to help us improve our service to you:
We may also monitor any hyperlinks you use or may have used to access our site for our own statistical and operational purposes. You can prevent use of 'cookies' and similar tools by altering your browser settings but if you do so, the functionality of our website may be reduced.
3. How your personal information is used:
- to fulfil any contract or service which you may request from us, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties such as data processors, suppliers or our partners; in doing so, your personal information may be processed automatically to determine the most appropriate way to meet your requirements
- to communicate with you in relation to our products and services and those of our selected partners about which you have enquired, or for any other purposes for which you have given consent
- to carry out a credit assessment or to provide information to credit reference agencies to carry out a credit assessment. (Information held by such agencies is available to other businesses for checking to prevent fraud and money laundering, to trace debtors and to assess credit applications)
- to provide anonymised statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information
- to identify you when you contact us
4. Sharing or disclosure of your personal information:
We will not rent, sell or otherwise trade your personal information to anyone without your consent. If you do give your consent, we will provide information about you to other carefully selected organisations who we believe to be reputable for marketing purposes.
When we need to share or disclose your personal information in order to provide the product or carry out the service you have requested, or to enable our partners or sub-contractors to do so on our behalf, we will use our reasonable endeavors to ensure this is done in a secure environment. These third parties are only allowed to use your personal information for the purpose of fulfilling your order or request.
When we are compelled to do so by law we will disclose your personal information to the appropriate authorities, bodies or persons in accordance with data protection law.
a result of using our services over the Internet, your information may be transmitted to, from or through any country irrespective of the levels of information protection provided in those countries. We may transfer your data to persons outside the European Economic Area but will do so only in compliance with data protection law.
When you send us an e-mail, we will keep your e-mail address, the content of your mail, and our response to it so that we can monitor our effectiveness and record our contact.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, at any time (and notwithstanding any prior agreement to the contrary) you have a right to object to your personal data being used by us for the purposes of direct marketing. To exercise this right you must apply to us in writing to the email or postal address given below. We will stop using your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing within a reasonable period of the date of receipt of your request.
Additionally, we may also regularly consult opt-out registers (the Mailing Preference Service, Telephone Preference Service and Fax Preference Service) in respect of marketing activities.
5. Updating, amending, deleting your personal information:
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate and true. As personal circumstances change from time to time, you may wish to modify your personal data held by us. Alternatively, you may wish to have all or part of your personal data deleted. If you wish to update, amend or delete all or part of your personal information we hold, please send an email or write as indicated below.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Company Secretary, simplecall Limited,
City Reach, 7th Floor 5 Greenwich View Place, Millharbour London, E14 9NN, UK. You should be aware that telephone calls to our offices may be monitored and recorded for training purposes and quality assurance.